What goods cannot be delivered from the USA to the UK?
The USA EshopWedrop Origin warehouse is based in New York. This means, that every time you are shopping online from online retailers your parcels will be sent to the USA Origin Warehouse, and from there your parcels will be delivered to the UK warehouse, via Heathrow airport, before delivered to you in the UK.
When parcels arrive at London Heathrow Airport, UK, each of them is subject to import customs formalities – this allows the parcels to be circulated as EU parcels to any EU destination country without any other customs formalities during the transit or at destination.
Please find below a list with the products that cannot be delivered from USA to Europe subject to UK custom formalities:
- Soil, plants, roots, seeds, trees, ores, forage for animals, mineral manure, flowers and ornamental plants.
- Vegetables, bulbs, fruits, potatoes, dairy or other animal products – fish, eggs, honey, milk.
- Meat and meat offal - including ham, bacon, sausages and pate.
- Perishable products of any kind.
- Any food, supplement, drug or cosmetic that has been issued a Consumer Safety Advisory Warning.
- Live or dead animals, bees, crustaceans and other insects including other aquatic invertebrates, raw skins, raw furs.
- Wood, wooden charcoal, iron and steel, magnets, residues and wastes.
- Money, including Coins, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Bills, Banknotes or securities or Travel cheques.
- Art pieces or personal value objects.
- Jewellery, rough diamonds, gemstones, platinum, gold, silver or precious objects.
- Batteries, explosives, flammable substances, chemical products, sulpha, mineral fuels, resins, or other dangerous substances/radioactive substances.
- Aerosols, Water heaters, tanks with motor fuels, gasoline, diesel and other fuels, lighters containing fuel.
- Tear gas, mace & pepper spray, recipients containing gas, empty gas containers, gas masks & gas mask filters.
- Knifes, guns.
- Fireworks, gun powder, bullets, firearms, weapons, nuclear reactors, explosives, ammunition, military equipment, self-defence sprays, airbags.
- Illegal drugs, Psychedelic drugs, narcotics, pharmaceutical products (including veterinary), pesticides, herbicides, fungicides.
- Liquid, tobacco or alcoholic drinks with a concentration exceeding 70%.
- Sugar and salt.
- Perfume, essential oils or nail varnish.
- Photographic products.
- Cereals, pastry and various pet food products
It’s our priority to ensure that your parcels are customs cleared and delivered to you. However, for parcels containing products as per the list above, we cannot be held liable for your losses. The authorities are at the extreme of confiscating and destroying these items.
We do apologise for any inconvenience this might cause.
We strongly suggest before placing an order, that you read our Terms and Conditions – 3.10 (3) regarding size, packaging and contents of the Parcel.
Please note: These products are given as examples and the list is not limiting. Please ensure you observe the legislation in the USA, EU and the UK for any products which might not be allowed.